[R] New R user- Simple optimization problem

Brady Richter bradyrichter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 00:27:10 CET 2017

Hi I am learning R currently and I having trouble structuring a program.

Data consists of 1 data frame with a day of the week, a class list, and a
utility score.

Date                   Class                   Utility

Monday              Chem                  85

Monday              Physics               75

Tuesday              Chem                  95

Tuesday              Math                  93

Tuesday              History               87

Tuesday              Language           86

And so on through Friday.

I want to maximize total utility (the sum) given 2 constraints:

1.	The number of classes you must take each day is fixed. (Must take 1
class on Monday, 2 on Tuesday, 1 on Wednesday etc.)
2.	No repeats- You can only take any given class zero or one time.

Any help to go about this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

bhr

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]