[R] [FORGED] if and

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Feb 28 04:46:55 CET 2017

Really? That seems unlikely, given that

* = is used for moving values, not comparing them,

* - is not a legal symbol for a variable name, it is subtraction, and year-month can hardly end up as a character string like "FEB2015"

* (possible problem) & and | compare vectors one at a time, so are not generally recommended for use in "if", but are more commonly used in the "ifelse" function.

These points are all discussed in the Introduction to R document that comes with R.