[R] if and

David L Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Tue Feb 28 16:38:59 CET 2017

This is not a reproducible example. You did not even show us one of the scripts that apparently did work. None of your if() statements contains a logical expression. You should read "An Introduction to R" and probably other tutorials on R.

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-intro.html

especially

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-intro.html#Logical-vectors

and the manual pages at