[R] R and UBUNTU startup

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 22:28:57 CEST 2017

If you want to keep your R installation up to date use the installation
instructions available for ubuntu at
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/.  Follow the instructions
there and you will be able to use standard Ubuntu update procedures
afterwards. (Delete your old version first).  Download rstudio (32 or
64-bit version as required) from
https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/.. Open in
software-centre and install.  You can keep rstudio up to date by
downloading the new version and repeating the process.

Verzani, Getting started with Rstudio, O'Reilly would be a good starting
point to learn RStudio.  PACKT Publishing have several other books on
Rstudio.  R an Rstudio are almost the same on windows and Linux.  I had an
earlier edition of ubuntu unleashed 2017.  You might have a look at the
material at https://itsfoss.com/5-free-ubuntu-books-for-beginners/.  You do
need to know how to manage files in linux.  Installing and updating
 software using apt-get is really simple.

John C Frain
3 Aranleigh Park
Rathfarnham
Dublin 14