[R] RCommander issue

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Fri May 19 00:11:54 CEST 2017

Hi Thambu,
Try downloading the package from CRAN. For example, I just tried this
with the rgdal package as I need to use it.

The package (rgdal_1.2-7.zip) is saved on the local hard disk. Then
find out where your R executable is. For me it is:

E:\jim\R\R-3.3.3\bin\x64\R.exe

Now open a "Command Prompt" window. Change your directory to where the
package file is saved. Then using your path to the R executable and
the name of the package file you downloaded:

E:\jim\R\R-3.3.3\bin\x64\R CMD INSTALL rgdal_1.2-7.zip

This seems to work without invoking install.packages, which may be
failing to establish an internet connection for the download.

Jim