[R] R-3.4.2: make check stops at line 698 of tests/reg-tests-1d.R

Albrecht Kauffmann alkauffm at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 1 21:52:16 CET 2017

Dear Duncan,

thank you very much, that is it! Indeed, there was activated in my
internet router the "telekom navigation help". When I am (or the system
is) looking for an not existent url, this "help" opens its own website.
After deactivation of telekom navigation help, the normal message
(server not found) comes. I never gave attention to this "help",
although it is bothering sometimes; now it is switched off in my
residence. However, in Germany this problem probably frequently arises,
therefor, it should be considered in the respective code for testing R
after compilation.

All the best,
Albrecht
--