[R] Multiple CSV files in different sheets of an Excel file

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Nov 6 16:36:00 CET 2017

You need to be more specific about what you mean by "merge" (read e.g. ?merge and ?rbind) and show what you did already using a reproducible example [1][2][3].

The fact that you mentioned sheets suggests you are writing to Excel files... they can be troublesome for storing data (NA values,  size, unstructured layout, you can Google for more reasons) so unless you specifically have a requirement to interface with Excel you might consider CSV, zip, feather, or hdf5.

If you have Java installed, the openxlsx package can be used to write a list of data frames in one statement. If you use lapply with read.csv to read the data in then this could be fairly compact, depending on what you mean by "merge".

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html (read the vignette)