[R] post_processor in rmarkdown not working

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 12:14:22 CEST 2017

On 06/09/2017 5:41 AM, Thierry Onkelinx wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to write a post_processor() for a custom rmarkdown format. The
> goal of the post_processor() is to modify the latex file before it is
> compiled. For some reason the post_processor() is not run. The
> post_processor() does work when I run it manually on the tex file.
>
> Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? Below is the relevant snippet of
> the code. The full code is available at
> https://github.com/inbo/INBOmd/blob/post_processor/R/rsos_article.R
> https://github.com/inbo/INBOmd/blob/post_processor/inst/rmarkdown/templates/rsos_article/skeleton/skeleton.Rmd
> is an Rmd is a MWE that fails compile because the post_processor() is not
> run.

I installed it and tried running it using

debug(INBOmd::rsos_article)
rmarkdown::render("skeleton.Rmd")

then after post_processor was defined, I set it to debug as well, and
could see that the post_processor was being run.

I didn't get useful output, because the LaTeXing failed (I don't have
the rsos.cls), but perhaps you've already fixed this problem, or perhaps
it is intermittent?

Duncan Murdoch