[R] post_processor in rmarkdown not working

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Thu Sep 7 16:11:59 CEST 2017

Dear Duncan,

Thanks for chiming in. Could you explain how you set debug() on
post_processor()? I've tried adding debug(post_processor) to rsos_article()
or adding debug(post_processor) when after post_processor was defined in
the debugger. Neither work for me.

All supporting files are available within the package. The code below
should be reproducible on your machine.

remove.packages("INBOmd")
devtools::install_github("inbo/INBOmd op post_processor")
setwd(system.file("rmarkdown/templates/rsos_article/skeleton", package =
"INBOmd"))
debug(INBOmd::rsos_article)
rmarkdown::render("skeleton.Rmd")

The sign that post_processor() fails when the tex file still contains
\EndFirstPage resulting in the compilation error "Undefined control
sequence. l.128 \EndFirstPage"

I still get the error with the current version of the code. Running the
post_processor manually works.

eval(parse(
  text = readLines(
    "
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/inbo/INBOmd/post_processor/R/rsos_article.R
"
  )[72:92]
))
post_processor(output_file = "skeleton.tex")
system("pdflatex skeleton.tex")

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest