[R] Package 'data.table' in version R-3.5.0 not successfully being installed

Thu Apr 26 20:19:30 CEST 2018

On 26/04/2018 1:54 PM, Akhilesh Singh wrote:
> My thanks to Dr. John Fox and Dr. Duncan Murdoch. But, I have upgraded
> all my R-3.4.3 libraries to R-3.5.0, and I have not backed-up copies of
> old version. So, I would give a try each to the solutions suggested by
> John Fox and Dengan Murdoch.

Here is some unsolicited advice:  I would strongly recommend that you
make it a higher priority to have backups available.  In my experience
computer hardware is becoming quite reliable, but software isn't, and
the person next to the keyboard isn't either.  (My last desperate need
for a backup was due to a hardware failure 2 years ago, but it wasn't
the manufacturer's fault:  my laptop accidentally drowned.)

Backups can save you a lot of grief in the event of a mistake, or a
software or hardware failure.  But even in the case of routine events
like software updates that don't go as planned, they can save time.

Duncan Murdoch