[R] standardized regression coefficients in GAM

dani orchidn @ending from live@com
Thu Aug 30 18:46:40 CEST 2018

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can help me calculate standardized regression coefficients from a GAM model.

I have some dummy and some continuous covariates in my GAM model. I know I could standardize only the continuous covariates and re-run the model to get the standardized coefficients. Can anyone help with some R code to create the standardized coefficients after obtaining a GAM model based on unstandardized coefficients?

Also, on a separate note, what do I do with the dummy covariates - should I just include them as they are in the model with standardized variables? I do not see how I can standardize dummy variables.

Thank you!

Best,

Dani

<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>