[R] Combinations of true/false values where one pair is mutually exclusive

S Ellison S@E|||@on @end|ng |rom LGCGroup@com
Thu Aug 2 13:26:44 CEST 2018

> On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 11:20 AM, R Stafford <rod.stafford using gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > But I have the extra condition that if E is true, then F must be false, and
> > vice versa,

Question: Does 'vice versa' mean
a) "if E is False, F must be True"
or
b) "if F is True, E must be False"?
... which are not the same.

b) (and mutual exclusivity in general) does not rule out the condition "E False, F False", which would not be addressed by the
pass/fail equivalent equivalent of F <- !E