[R] Combinations of true/false values where one pair is mutually exclusive

R Stafford rod@@t@||ord @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Aug 2 17:41:36 CEST 2018

Thank you for pointing that out, I realize not only did I use the wrong
language but I did not describe the situation accurately.  I do need to
address the situation where both variables E and F actually pass, that is
the majority case, one or the other can fail, but there can never be a
situation where E and F both fail.  I do not know a specific term for that
situation, but you are correct that mutual exclusivity is wrong.   While I
can generate a list of all possible combinations with the expand.grid
function (which I am not committed to by the way), it would be very helpful
if I could exclude the combinations where E and F both fail.  I am not sure
where to go from here, but the solution does not have to be elegant or even
efficient because I do not need to scale higher than 6 variables.