[R] Bitbucket code

Amit Mittal pro|@@m|t@m|tt@| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Aug 29 16:31:20 CEST 2018

I stumbled upon `remotes` and that is based on `devtools` but it fails because RTOOLS haven't been upgraded for 3.5.1

Sorry about posting twice and I am pretty sure I added this detail in another msg which will also be released by the moderator q yet :x

------------
Amit Mittal

Sent from my Outlook for Android
https://aka.ms/ghei36

________________________________
From: Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz using me.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 7:55:27 PM
To: prof.amit.mittal using gmail.com
Cc: R-help
Subject: Re: [R] Bitbucket code

> On Aug 29, 2018, at 7:18 AM, prof.amit.mittal using gmail.com wrote:
>
> I installed a local zip file a few days ago and the package was recently
> modified on bitbucket , with a stable zip version not yet available.
>
> How many days does it usually take to get a stable zip version. How can I
> `devtools` it from the bitbucket the fastest way? I have my own sourcetree
> and the author has created in cloud.
>

> BR
>
> Amit

Hi,

No need to post twice.

I don't use Bitbucket, but it looks like the devtools package has a install_bitbucket() function, so perhaps that will do what you want.

In terms of making a stable archive file available, that will be entirely up to the package maintainer and when/how they choose to make that available (e.g. via CRAN or other vehicles).

Regards,

Marc Schwartz

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]