[R] Problem with system() and source on linux

Agustin Lobo @lobo@leu @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Dec 20 12:00:04 CET 2018

Hi!
I quite often use system() to run other programs from within R, but
have just hitted
a problem:

For a given program, I need to set up its environment, which I normally do with
source /home/alobo/OTB-6.6.0-Linux64/otbenv.profile
from the terminal.
Now, when I try to do the same from within R, I get:

> system("source /home/alobo/OTB-6.6.0-Linux64/otbenv.profile", intern=TRUE)
sh: 1: source: not found
Error in system("source /home/alobo/OTB-6.6.0-Linux64/otbenv.profile",  :
  error in running command

I need this command to set the environment before I actually run the
program. My idea was saving a simple script from within R  in which
the first line would be
source /home/alobo/OTB-6.6.0-Linux64/otbenv.profile

and then run the script with system(), but I get that odd error with
source. I thought source was just
a plain linux command, how can it be "not found" from within system()?

Any help much appreciated,
Thanks

--
Agustin Lobo