[R] Problem with system() and source on linux

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil @ending from dcn@d@vi@@c@@u@
Thu Dec 20 16:13:06 CET 2018

Read the man page for bash... source is built-in to the shell interpreter. You should invoke a single shell instance that first sources the profile and then executes the program... but this has nothing to do with R... this would be true for any program invoking an external program on a POSIX-compatible operating system (i.e. not Windows), and so is OT here.