[R] Help converting .txt to .csv file

Bert Gunter bgunter@4567 @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Dec 27 00:26:43 CET 2018

Inline.

-- Bert

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 3:04 PM Spencer Brackett <
spbrackett20 using saintjosephhs.com> wrote:

> Good evening,
>
> I am attempting to anaylze the protein expression data contained within
> these two ICGC, TCGA datasets (one for GBM and the other for LGG)

>   When I tried to transfer the files from .txt (via Notepad) to .csv (via
> Excel), the data appeared in the columns as unorganized and random
> script... not like how a typical csv should be arranged at all. I need the
> dataset to be converted into .csv in order to analyze it in R,

Huh?? Why do you think this? A csv is just a comma delimited text file.

R can input pretty much any kind of file, ONCE YOU KNOW THE FORMAT OF WHAT
YOU ARE INPUTTING. This should be provided by the links that you gave. Then
see ?read.table or, more generally, ?scan for how to read the (text) file
into R into whatever data structure you need. See also the R data
import/export manual. Or possibly post to the Bioconductor list where they
specialize in this sort of thing and may already have packages that can
access the repositories and bring in the data in the form you need them.
They also have lots of software there for analysis, too.

Cheers,
Bert