[R] Help converting .txt to .csv file

Richard M. Heiberger rmh @ending from temple@edu
Thu Dec 27 00:34:19 CET 2018

I looked at the first file.  It gives an option to download as TSV
(tab separated values).
That is the same as CSV except with tabs instead of commas.
You do not need any external software to read it.  Read the downloaded
file directly into R.

read.delim looks as if it would work directly on the downloaded file.
?read.delim
The notation "\t" means the tab character.

As an aside, stay away from notepad. it is too naive for almost
anything interesting.
The specific case I often see is people reading linux-style text files
with notepad, which doesn't
understand NL terminated lines.  nicely formatted text files become illegible.