[R] gdistance::shortestPath throws error "not a symmetric matrix"

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 6 15:01:08 CET 2018

Hi,

Calling

  gdistance::shortestPath

gives me the error

  Error in asMethod(object) :
    not a symmetric matrix; consider forceSymmetric() or symmpart()

The output of dput(.traceback()) is

  pairlist("stop(\"not a symmetric matrix; consider forceSymmetric() or symmpart()\")",
  "asMethod(object)",
  "as(Laplacian,\"symmetricMatrix\")",
  ".Laplacian(x)", ".flowMap(x, ci, cj, tc)",
  ".local(x, origin, goal, ...)",
  c("passage(conduct_Tobler, origin =sites at coords[5, ], goal = sites at coords[3, ", " ])"),
  c("passage(conduct_Tobler, origin = sites at coords[5, ], goal = sites at coords[3, ", " ])"),
  "eval(ei, envir)", "eval(ei, envir)",
  "withVisible(eval(ei, envir))",
  "source(\"./Skript.R\")")

Is that enough for anyone to point me in the right direction?

I am aware that this question would be probably better posted on
r-sig-geo, but as I am just an HPC janitor trying to help a customer and
am not a geo-scientist myself, I thought I'd ask here first before
signing up to (yet another) list.

Cheers,

Loris

--