[R] gdistance::shortestPath throws error "not a symmetric matrix"

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Feb 6 15:46:32 CET 2018

It is really hard to help you fix a function usage error if you don't show us how you used the function. [1][2][3]

As for helping a customer by asking for help on the wrong list... you are not an expert on the topic, and are asking a group that might or might not know the theory behind your question. You might achieve success, but it might also be better to remove at least one handicap by either or both strategies of having the customer ask themselves or asking on the right list.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html (read the vignette)