[R] Best Optimization Routines

JamesRyan(Ryan James)/E&P North America Business Division rjames at sk.com
Tue Feb 13 20:55:56 CET 2018

I have a set of data, the production of oil from a well.  And an equation to predict that forecast.

The equation requires 5 input variables which are real numbers with upper and lower bounds, 1 input variable which must be an integer and 1 input variable which can be 1 of 2 string variables.

What is the best optimization routine (I am using nlminb) to use in R to determine the best set of inputs and how to I handle the integer and string inputs when optimizing?

I have attached a plot of what I am trying to accomplish as well as my sample code.

Thanks,

Ryan