[R] Portable R in zip file for Windows

John jwd at surewest.net
Sat Jan 27 02:41:50 CET 2018

On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 20:04:33 +0000
Juan Manuel Truppia <jmtruppia at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is wrong with you guys? I asked for a zip, like R Studio has for
> example. Totally clear.
> I cant execute exes. But I can unzip files.
> Thanks Gabor, I had that in mind, but can't execute the exe due to
> security restrictions.
> Geez, really, treating people who ask questions this way just makes
> you don't want to ask a single one.

Your concept of "totally clear" lacks a good deal of clarity.  You
pretty much ignored providing any indication of what your problem is,
how you expect to run R if you can't run an executable file, or just
about ANY useful information that could allow someone to help you
other than something you might have read seven or eight years ago.

At a wild guess you can't write to the hard drive of what ever system
you are hoping to use and do not have rights to execute programs on
that system.  A way around that would be to run your software from a
thumb drive or similar external device.  So you might look at R
Portable (https://sourceforge.net/projects/rportable/) which employs
the PortableApps framework, but with such a sweeping lack of
information from you, don't congratulate yourself if you get a helpful
answer.  It wasn't your fault.