[R] command to change some vars to missing into my dataset

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jul 6 00:44:25 CEST 2018

Hi Adam,
Looks like you have a matrix or data frame and want to change one or
more observations to NA. I think this will do the trick:

# assume the matrix or data frame is named "ajdat"
randomNA<-function(x,nNA=1) {
 dimx<-dim(x)
 x[sample(1:dimx[1],nNA),sample(1:dimx[2],nNA)]<-NA
 return(x)
}

So if you want three NAs inserted, call:

randomNA(ajdat,3)

Jim