[R] parallel computing in r....

akshay kulkarni @k@h@y_e4 @ending from hotm@il@com
Fri Jun 22 12:12:28 CEST 2018

dear members,
                            I am taking recourse to parallel computing to speed up my R code.

The mcparallel function(in parallel package),presumably, sends a single task (an R function, to be precise) to a single core. Is this right? Is that one and only one core? What if there are other cores lying idle?

As far as I am concerned, I am going to rent an AWS EC2 server with 48 cores. I have four functions to be parallelized. Can I send the thread of one function to 12 cores, so that all 48 cores are utilized? If so, how do I do that with mcparallel function in the parallel package?

Very many thanks for your time and effort...
yours sincerely....
AKSHAY M KULKARNI

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]