[R] parallel processing in r...

akshay kulkarni @k@h@y_e4 @ending from hotm@il@com
Sat Jun 30 19:07:49 CEST 2018

dear members,
                             I am using mclapply to parallelize my code. I am using Red Hat Linux in AWS.

When I use mclapply, I see no speed increase. I doubt that the Linux OS is allowing fewer than the maximum number of cores to mclapply ( by default, mclapply takes all the available cores to it).

How do you check if the number of workers is less than the output given by detectCores(), in Linux? Is there any R function for it?

I do acknowledge that help on an OS is not suitable for this mailing list, but even Internet could'nt help me. Therefore this mail......

very many thanks for your time  and effort...
yours sincerely,
AKSHAY M KULKARNI

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]