[R] data analysis for partial two-by-two factorial design

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 00:54:54 CET 2018

> On Mar 5, 2018, at 3:04 PM, Bert Gunter <bgunter.4567 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But of course the whole point of additivity is to decompose the combined effect as the sum of individual effects.

Agreed. Furthermore your encoding of the treatment assignments has the advantage that the default treatment contrast for A+B will have a statistical estimate associated with it. That was a deficiency of my encoding that Ding found problematic. I did have the incorrect notion that the encoding of Drug B in the single drug situation would have been NA and that the `lm`-function would produce nothing useful. Your setup had not occurred to me.

Best;
David.