[R] update.packages() after updating R version

Sun May 27 02:41:50 CEST 2018

On 26/05/2018 7:24 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>     R-3.5.0 is installed here. When I tried to update installed packages
> errors were reported when their dependencies were built under a prior
> version of R.
>
>     Reading ?update.packages() I did not see an option that would
> automatically update dependences built under an earlier version of R. Is
> there such an option that I missed?

I think you want update.packages(ask = FALSE, checkBuilt = TRUE) to
automatically update all packages and their dependencies.  With the
default checkBuilt=FALSE, R just sees whether a dependency is a high
enough version number.  But packages installed under R x.y.z are not
usable in R x.y+1.w.

Duncan Murdoch