[R] update.packages() after updating R version [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Sun May 27 14:50:09 CEST 2018

On Sat, 26 May 2018, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> I think you want update.packages(ask = FALSE, checkBuilt = TRUE) to
> automatically update all packages and their dependencies. With the default
> checkBuilt=FALSE, R just sees whether a dependency is a high enough
> version number. But packages installed under R x.y.z are not usable in R
> x.y+1.w.

Duncan,

   Mea culpa! I knew of the 'ask' option but for some reason the 'checkBuilt'
option did not register when I scanned the list. Yes, using the two is doing
the job. There are many packages from earlier versions now being brought
current.

Many thanks,

Rich