[R] wBoot Package

David Winsemius dwin@emiu@ @ending from comc@@t@net
Mon Nov 26 01:06:18 CET 2018

Look at the function's help page:

No help there. The "parameter" argument is not defined in any
substantive manner, and no examples other than `parameter=mean` appear
in the help page.

(Now) Look at the code. The parameter argument is expected to be a
function. There is no function named `proportion` in base R that I know
of and:

 > wBoot::proportion
Error: 'proportion' is not an exported object from 'namespace:wBoot'
 > wBoot:::proportion
Error in get(name, envir = asNamespace(pkg), inherits = FALSE) :
   object 'proportion' not found

The code in the function you are asking about does begin with:

    {

      proportion <- mean

However, that named entity, `proportion`,  is never referenced in  code
that follows, so it appears that the package author started down one
path and then abandoned that line of code and did something else. I
suspect that the code was written so that `mean` was inteended to
deliver a test of equal proportions using the normal approximation to a
binomial test. There is a waring in the help page that would apply to
situations where the proportion is far from 0.5.  You are advised that
not all packages are written with scrupulous quality control and peer
review.

You should have read the posting guide. It would have told you that you
should have addressed your concerns to the package author first, and
also posted in plain text.

--

David