[R] Perspective Plotting - 3D Plotting in R

Duncan Murdoch murdoch@dunc@n @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Nov 26 16:17:43 CET 2018

On 26/11/2018 7:13 AM, Thanh Tran wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I'm trying to plot a surface over the x-y plane. In my data, the response
> is KIC, and four factors are AC, AV, T, and Temp. A typical second-degree
> response modeling is as follows
>

>> data<-read.csv("2.csv", header =T)
>
>> mod <- lm(KIC~AC+I(AC^2)+AV+I(AV^2)+T+I(T^2)+Temp+I(Temp^2)+AC:AV+AC:T+AC:Temp+AV:T+AV:Temp+T:Temp,
>
> + data = data)

For two factors, you could use this code:

pred <- function(AC, AV, Temp, T) predict(mod, newdata = data.frame(AC,
AV, Temp, T))

library(rgl)
persp3d(pred, xlim = c(-1, 1),  # The range of values for AC
               ylim = c(-1, 1),  # The range for AV
               xlab = "AC", ylab = "AV", zlab = "KIC",
               colour = rainbow,  # or a fixed colour, or another fn
               otherargs = list(Temp = 0, T = 0))

The otherargs list should contain the values of the two factors to your
model that you are holding fixed while plotting the two that are not fixed.

This Stackoverflow answer
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53349811/how-to-draw-a-response-surface-plot-for-three-factorial-design/53350259#53350259
describes a way to plot the response to 3 factors at once.

Duncan Murdoch