[R] Reorder file names read by list.files function

Ek Esawi e@@wiek @ending from gm@il@com
Tue Oct 9 15:44:21 CEST 2018

Hi All--

I used base R list.file function to read files from a directory. The
file names are months (April, August, etc). That's the system reads
them in alphabetical order., but i want to reordered them in calendar
order (January, February, ...December).. I thought i might be able to
do it via RegEx or possibly gtools package, I am wondering if there is
an easier way.

Thanks--EK

Example
path = "C:/Users/name/Downloads/MyFiles"
file.names <- dir(path, pattern =".PDF")

Example output
Output:
"February.PDF"  "January.PDF" "March.PDF"
Desired output
"January.PDF"  "February.PDF" "March.PDF"