[R] arulesSequences Package

William Dunlap wdun|@p @end|ng |rom t|bco@com
Tue Oct 2 02:45:48 CEST 2018

Warning message:t
In file(con, "r") :
  cannot open file
'C:\Users\reichmanj\Documents\R\R-3.5.1\library\arulesSequences\misc\cspade1

f8c30bb5148.out': No such file or directory

It is hard to say what you did wrong when we only see R's output and not
what you typed to provoke the error.  However, this file it is trying to
read looks like something that tempfile() would have made if the tempdir()
function were messed up or if you gave an inappropriate directory name as
the tmpdir argument to arulesSequences::cspade.  You should not generally
give the tmpdir argument to cspade, as the default, tempdir(), should
work.  Did you supply it?  What does tempdir() return in the case that this
fails?

As an added complications, cspade redefines the system2 function if
.Platfom$OS.type is
"windows" and .Platform$GUI is "RGui".
    ## workaround
    if (.Platform$OS  == "windows" &&
        .Platform$GUI == "Rgui")
        system2 <- function(command, args = character(), stdout = "", ...) {
            if (is.character(stdout) && nzchar(stdout)) {
                args   <- c(args, ">", stdout)
                stdout <- NULL
            }
            args <- c("/c", shQuote(command), args)
            command <- Sys.getenv("COMSPEC")
            ## bail out
            if (!nzchar(command))
                stop("environment variable 'COMSPEC' not set")
            base::system2(command, args = args, stdout = stdout, ...)
        }

RStudio redefines .Platform$RGui to be "RStudio" so this redefinition does
not happen.  The author or maintainer of the package might be able to
straighten this part out.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com