[R] (no subject)

Sat Oct 20 19:12:13 CEST 2018

Jeremie's suggestion of course will fail if some of the off-diagonal
elements are the same as those on the diagonals.

The request doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but if "m" is the matrix,

 m[row(z) != col(z)]

reliably extracts the vector of non-diagonal entries, which can then be
dimensioned as desired.
Or upper.tri() and lower.tri() can be used to separately extract the upper
and lower triangle entries via logical indexing.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."