[R] Transformations in Tidyverse (renaming and ordering columns)

Joel Maxuel j@m@xue| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Oct 23 01:55:01 CEST 2018

For clarity sake.  More show (with example closer to reality), less tell.
:^)

## Current:

> library(knitr)
> library(tidyverse)
── Conflicts
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
tidyverse_conflicts() ──
x dplyr::filter() masks stats::filter()
x dplyr::lag()    masks stats::lag()
> library(tibble)
> library(dplyr)
>
> testset <- as_tibble(tribble(~SN, ~Section, ~Order, ~Observation, ~Seq,
~Label, ~Value,
+                              2, "For Reporting Quarter", 1, "One", 1,
"Western", 163,
+                              2, "For Reporting Quarter", 1, "One", 2,
"Northern", 105,
+                              2, "For Reporting Quarter", 1, "One", 3,
"Eastern", 121,
+                              2, "For Reporting Quarter", 1, "One", 4,
"Southern", 74,
+                              2, "For Reporting Quarter", 2, "Two", 1,
"Western", 147,
+                              2, "For Reporting Quarter", 2, "Two", 2,
"Northern", 100,
+                              2, "For Reporting Quarter", 2, "Two", 3,
"Eastern", 106,
+                              2, "For Reporting Quarter", 2, "Two", 4,
"Southern", 70,
+                              2, "For Reporting Quarter", 3, "Three", 1,
"Western", 119,
+                              2, "For Reporting Quarter", 3, "Three", 2,
"Northern", 82,
+                              2, "For Reporting Quarter", 3, "Three", 3,
"Eastern", 90,
+                              2, "For Reporting Quarter", 3, "Three", 4,
"Southern", 65))
> testset %>% select(Observation, Label, Value) %>% spread(key=Observation,
value=Value)
# A tibble: 4 x 4
  Label      One Three   Two
1 Eastern    121    90   106
2 Northern   105    82   100
3 Southern    74    65    70
4 Western    163   119   147

## Intended:

# A tibble: 4 x 4
  For Reporting Quarter     One   Two Three
1 Western                       163   147   119
2 Northern                       105   100    82
3 Eastern                        121   106    90
4 Southern                       74     70     65

##

Unfortunately I don't know how to get there from here.  Section, Order and
Seq are there to assist with getting the data to the right output
programmatically, however I don't know how to make use of them.

Hope this helps.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 6:18 PM Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil using dcn.davis.ca.us>
wrote:

> If you are willing to work in the context of LaTeX output then perhaps you
> will find the "tables" package useful. However, while you think you have
> communicated clearly enough regarding what you want to accomplish, I do
> not, so either someone else will intuit what you want or you will create a
> mock-up of what you want your output to look like to remove the guesswork.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]