[R] Ignoring the domain of RV in punif()

Hamed Ha h@medh@@e|| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Oct 23 13:06:51 CEST 2018

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the explanation.

I am convinced at least more than average by Eric and your answer. But
still have some shadows of confusion that is definitely because I have
forgotten some fundamentals in probabilities.

In your cube example, the cumulative probability of reaching a point
outside the cube (u or v or w  > A) is 1 however, the bigger cube does not
exists (because the Q is the reference space). Other words, I feel that we
extend the space to accommodate any cube of any size! Looks a bit weird to
me!

Hamed.