[R] Convert a character to numeric

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 9 13:30:23 CEST 2019

Hi Bienvenue,
Perhaps you should ask whether you really want to "sort it out". The
warning is telling you that you are converting the NA values to NA in
the returned numeric vector. I can't think of anything more sensible
to do with NA values. You may also have character strings that cannot
be converted into numbers, which will also generate NA values. Maybe a
little example will help us to understand:

charstr<-c("5","foot","2",NA,"eyes","of","blue")
as.numeric(charstr)
[1]  5 NA  2 NA NA NA NA

Jim