[R] Convert a character to numeric

Alfredo Cortell @||redo@corte||@n|co|@u @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 9 16:35:35 CEST 2019

Hi Bienvenue,

I believe that your problem is that R can't translate "one" to a number,
because it is not a number. R could translate to numeric for example this
vector, where numbers are expressed as strings,

c("1","4","7")

but "one" is just letters put together, therefore R can't understand their
meaning, and returns NA.

I believe that your best shot is to go with gsub, so that you translate
your "string letters" to "string numbers", and then you can do as.numeric
no problem

Try this

vec<-c("1",NA,"one")
num_vec<-gsub("one",1,vec)