[R] Help installing netReg

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Mon Apr 15 01:20:49 CEST 2019

On 4/14/19 3:20 PM, Spencer Brackett wrote:
> Good evening,
>
>   I am having problems with downloading the package used to generate
> regression models on R. The following is the error message I received. I
> tried installing BiocManager instead as suggested, but this too did not
> work. Any ideas?
>
> The downloaded binary packages are in
> C:\Users\Spencer\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmp8YKVqx\downloaded_packages
> installation path not writeable, unable to update packages: class, cluster,
> codetools, foreign,
>    lattice, MASS, Matrix, mgcv, nlme, rpart, survival
> Warning message:
> 'biocLite' is deprecated.
> Use 'BiocManager::install' instead.
> See help("Deprecated")

Since you did not include the code that provoked this message we can
only guess that you did in fact use `bioLite`. We also cannot tell what
you mean by "problems with downloading the package used to generate
regression models on R". The typical first step is to use the glm or lm
function for this task and those are both in the stats package which is
installed with the base version of R and is loaded by default when R is
started up.

"

Have you tried following the suggestion at the end of the message?

And do read the Posting Guide and include "commented, minimal,
self-contained, reproducible code."

--

David.