[R] Stats Package Fix

Jay Waldron g@teo|t|me9 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Aug 7 19:09:10 CEST 2019

 Good afternoon,

Using this file, with the tab for Growth_Value (I have pasted some code
below), if I add the argument *exact = F *it produces the Wilcoxon signed
rank test with continuity correction. The description documentation leads
me to believe that's the wrong argument (should be the "correct" not the
"exact" argument. I am using R Studio Version 1.2.1335 running R 3.6.1

This was posed in our Business Statistics Class, taught at Utah Valley
University, of which I am a senior undergraduate.

A response by tomorrow would be ideal, but I would still like an answer
even if that timeline is too aggressive. Thank you for your consideration.
My contact information is:

Jay Spencer Waldron
Personal Email (This is the one I am subscribed to R-Help with):
GateofTime9 using gmail.com
(385) 335-7879

#---Code paste begins---
> library(readxl)
> Growth_Value <- read_excel("2019
SUMMER/ECON-3340-003/Ch20/Chapter20.xlsx",
+     sheet = "Growth_Value")
> View(Growth_Value)
> wilcox.test(Growth_Value$'Growth', mu=5, alternative="greater")

Wilcoxon signed rank test

data:  Growth_Value$Growth
V = 40, p-value = 0.1162
alternative hypothesis: true location is greater than 5

> wilcox.test(Growth_Value$'Growth', Growth_Value$'Value',
alternative="two.sided", paired=TRUE)

Wilcoxon signed rank test

data:  Growth_Value$Growth and Growth_Value$Value
V = 40, p-value = 0.2324
alternative hypothesis: true location shift is not equal to 0

> wilcox.test(Growth_Value$'Growth', mu=5, alternative="greater", exact=F)

Wilcoxon signed rank test with continuity correction

data:  Growth_Value$Growth
V = 40, p-value = 0.1106
alternative hypothesis: true location is greater than 5

#---Code Paste Ends---

*Documentation referenced*

*exact a logical indicating whether an exact p-value should be
computed.correct a logical indicating whether to apply continuity
correction in the normal approximation for the p-value.*

Thanks you for your time,

Jay
Educational Email:
10809669 using my.uvu.edu