[R] Installing multiple packages fails

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Fri Aug 9 18:15:49 CEST 2019

Running 3.6.1 here and migrating from my old 32-bit server/workstation to a
new 64-bit server/workstation (both running fully patched Slackware-14.2).

On the old host .libPaths() returns "/usr/lib/R/library"; on the new host it
returned nothing so I ran .libPaths("/usr/lib64/R/library") to create the
system-wide library.

First question is how I was able to print a dataframe list of installed
libraries on the new host if the path was not defined?

Second question is why I get an error on the new host after defining the
library and running the install.packages() function:

> install.packages("Blossom","INLA","RTisean","RcppProgress","STRbook",
"askpass","classInt","ellipsis","generics","lpSolve","odesolve","ranger","sf",
"sys","units")

Warning in install.packages("Blossom", "INLA", "RTisean", "RcppProgress", :
   'lib = "INLA"' is not writable

What have I missed or done incorrectly?

TIA,

Rich