[R] gmp coredump - where to report?

Sat Aug 17 03:05:01 CEST 2019

And for a different opinion...

Packages that allow the user to trigger core dumps (regardless of how) should be reported and fixed. It is the responsibility of the R package author to put in input validation to avoid such errors. You can read the description file via the maintainer function or on the CRAN website (cc'ed).

And not so much opinion as a quibble... in many compiled languages the term for a group of functions is a library... but in R a group of functions is a package and a group of installed packages in a specific directory layout is a library. This is clearly stated in the R Administration and Installation manual at the beginning of Section 6. Anyway, the lingo is that the package maintainer makes sure the C library is called with valid parameters, while the R user of that package installs the package in their user library and does not normally directly interact with the C library.