[R] New Work Based on R

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Thu Aug 29 14:48:31 CEST 2019

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019, Rainer M Krug wrote:

> I think you are misunderstanding the OP. Ogbos is, as I understand,
> looking for a repository for publications using R (as in scientific
> publications) and not that much.

Rainer, et al.:

I agree with your interpretation of the request and suggest that the request
is most likely unreasonable. How many publications explicitly name the
software used to produce anaytical results or plots (or the document
itself)?

I've been out of academia for a very long time yet read many articles and
techical reports in my work as an environmental consultant. I don't recall
seeing software mentioned in any of them. The focus of the author(s) is on
the subject of the document and not the tools used to create it. Unless, of
course, the document is about statistics or data analyses.

Regards,

Rich