[R] all the MAE metric values are missing (Error message)

Neha gupta neh@@bo|ogn@90 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 23 00:54:15 CET 2019

Hi Jim

The objective function is passed to san_res where we have defined the 4
parameters of gbm and the values are initialized in san_res.

The output variable price has only three values: 0, 1, 2 (like categorical
values), so someone told me try to remove the log10 from the price.

I am not sure what to do, I spent two days but did not fix this issue.

On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 11:22 PM Jim Lemon <drjimlemon using gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Neha,
> The error message looks suspicious, as it refers to "all the MAEs"
> while there is only one NA value in the summary. I would carefully
> check the object that you are passing to san_res.
>
> Jim
>
> On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 4:17 AM Neha gupta <neha.bologna90 using gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I am using the following code to tune the 4 parameters of Gradient
> Boosting
> > algorithm using Simulated annealing (optim). When I run the program,
> after
> > few seconds it stops and displays the following error:
> >
> > I point out here that the same code works for RF ( mtry parameter) and
> SVM
> > (cost and sigma parameters). So, I guess the problem should be in the 4
> > parameters of GBM
> >
> > Something is wrong; all the MAE metric values are missing:
> >       RMSE        Rsquared        MAE
> >  Min.   : NA   Min.   : NA   Min.   : NA
> >  1st Qu.: NA   1st Qu.: NA   1st Qu.: NA
> >  Median : NA   Median : NA   Median : NA