[R] all the MAE metric values are missing (Error message)

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Mon Dec 23 18:41:07 CET 2019

What Jim is alluding to is that sometimes in the process of reading in
data a small typo can mean that what was intended to be a numeric
variable is read in as a factor. So he was suggesting that you double
check that this has not happened to you.

Michael

On 23/12/2019 11:45, Neha gupta wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Another possibility is that the values used in the initial calculation
> have been read in as factors
>
> Which calculation you are talking about? I did not use factors as variable.
>
> Regards
>
> On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 3:12 AM Jim Lemon <drjimlemon using gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Neha,
>> Well, that's a clue to why you are getting NAs:
>>
>> log10(0)
>> [1] -Inf
>>
>> Another possibility is that the values used in the initial calculation
>> have been read in as factors.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:55 AM Neha gupta <neha.bologna90 using gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jim
>>>
>>> The objective function is passed to san_res where we have defined the 4
>> parameters of gbm and the values are initialized in san_res.
>>>
>>> The output variable price has only three values: 0, 1, 2 (like
>> categorical values), so someone told me try to remove the log10 from the
>> price.
>>>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html