[R] Calendar Heat Map

Wed Feb 6 14:09:08 CET 2019

ggplot automatically chooses continuous or discrete scales depending on the type of column you give it... so don't give it a numeric column (integers are a subset of numeric)... give it a character (lazy) or factor (better for controlling what the output looks like) value for your colour specification.

Read

?cut

for one clean way to make a new factor column in your data set before you give it to ggplot. Note that if you don't like the labels it generates automatically you can specify them yourself.