[R] Which dependency list to build first?

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Wed Feb 27 20:55:33 CET 2019

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019, William Dunlap wrote:

> The syntax is either
>    install.packages("later", type="source", INSTALL_opts="--no-test-load")
> from within R (perhaps with repos=NULL if from a local directory) or
>    R CMD INSTALL --no-test-load later
> from outside of R, where 'later' must be a directory.

Bill,

Thank you very much. I read ?install.packages and saw all the options but
had no idea what to use.

Boy howdy! Removing the load testing allowed the package to install:

installing to /usr/lib/R/library/later/libs
** R
** inst
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** installing vignettes
* DONE (later)

Is it worth exploring why testing loading failed here for this package?

Best regards,

Rich