[R] random truncation

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Sat Jul 13 00:54:04 CEST 2019

Hello:

       What do you suggest I do about modeling random truncation?

        I have data on a variable Y in strata S[0], S[1], ..., S[n],
where Y is always observed in S[0] but is less often observed in the
other strata.  I assume that the probability of observing Y is a
monotonically increasing function of Y and a monotonically decreasing
function of d[i] = the distance from S[0] to S[i].

       There is a section on "random truncation" in the Wikipedia
article on "Truncated distribution".[1]  It would be nice if I had an R
package that would make it relatively easy to model the truncation as a
function of "d" and / or publication that described someone doing it in
R.  (I also have a couple of other variables that influence the
distribution of Y.)

       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truncated_distribution#Random_truncation