[R] Trying to coerce an AnnotatedDataFrame in order to access Probeset Info

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jul 17 22:37:13 CEST 2019

Are you remembering to attach the Biobase package to your R session?

> AnnotatedDataFrame()
Error in AnnotatedDataFrame() :
  could not find function "AnnotatedDataFrame"
> suppressPackageStartupMessages({ library(Biobase) })
> AnnotatedDataFrame()
An object of class 'AnnotatedDataFrame': none

Biobase is a Bioconductor package, so support questions should more appropriately go to https://support.bioconductor.org

Martin

On 7/17/19, 4:20 PM, "R-help on behalf of Spencer Brackett" <r-help-bounces using r-project.org on behalf of spbrackett20 using saintjosephhs.com> wrote:

    Good evening,

    I downloaded the Biobase package in order to utilize the ExpressionSet and
    other features hosted there to examine annotations for probeset data, which
    I seek to visualize. I currently have pre-analyzed object located in my
    environment containing said probeset info, along with gene id and location.
    After experimenting with the following approaches, I'm am at a loss for as
    to why the AnnotatedDataFrame function is not being recognized by R.

    ##Example of some of my attempts and their respective error messages##

    >AnnotatedDataFrame()
        Error in AnnotatedDataFrame() : could not find function
       "AnnotatedDataFrame"

     signature(object="assayData")
         object  "assayData"
    > annotatedDataFrameFrom("assayData", byrow=FALSE)
    Error in annotatedDataFrameFrom("assayData", byrow = FALSE) :
      could not find function "annotatedDataFrameFrom"

    >as(data.frame, "AnnotatedDataFrame")
    Error in as(data.frame, "AnnotatedDataFrame") :
      no method or default for coercing “function” to “AnnotatedDataFrame”

    Best,

    Spencer

    	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]