[R] install R

Paul Bivand p@u|@b|v@nd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu May 9 14:15:27 CEST 2019

I'd encourage you to install a full build system for your linux. That
way you are able to compile any contributed packages you may want.

Your linux package manager (apt, dnf, urpmi etc) may be able to
provide an R compiled package, which with the exception of
Debian/Ubuntu is likely to be several versions out of date. However,
they will provide a command to install all the things needed to
compile R.

Something like dnf builddep R-cran-base-3.5.0.src.rpm will install all
the build dependencies for R 3.5.0, which should be good for 3.6.0
too. The names of the source file differ between distributions.

Good luck

Paul Bivand