[R] Query about calculating the monthly average of daily data columns

Thu Sep 12 17:16:05 CEST 2019

No reproducible example, so hard to say. What class is your "date" column?
-- factor, character, Date?  See ?Date
Once you have an object of appropriate class -- see ?format.Date -- ?months
can extract the month and ?ave can do your averaging. No explicit looping
is needed.

The tidydata alternative universe can also do all these things if that's
where you prefer to live.

As usual, any attached data was stripped. See ?dput for one way to include
data in your post.

Cheers,
Bert